Epic modules: What are the various Epic modules out there?
So perhaps this whole Epic ecosystem is a bit confusing to you. If you’re considering a career as an Epic analyst do you sometimes wonder where in the Epic software economy you might fit in best?
Here’s a breakdown of the different Epic software modules available and a brief overview of what each is used for within the healthcare system.
Of course, for more detailed information about each of these you should definitely hop on over to the official Epic website and read what they have to say.
Epic Modules For Clinicians & Allied Health
- EpicCare Ambulatory & Inpatient – this is the module physicians use for charting and it contains modules “under” it for specialty practices
- Beacon – this is the oncology module
- Cupid – used in cardiovascular medicine
- Kaleidoscope – used by ophthalmology specialists
- Phoenix – designed for solid organ transplant specialists
- Stork – of course… for obstetrics and labor & delivery
- ASAP – for use in emergency departments
- Willow – the pharmacy module (and yes, the one I will be certified in )
- Epic Anesthesia – pretty self-explanatory
- Nurse Triage – also self-explanatory
- OpTime – for use in the operating room (OR)
- Radiant – this is the radiology department module
- ICU Module – used in intensive care units
- EpicCare Home Health – for home care providers
- Beaker Clinical and Anatomic – Clinical is used in clinic and hospital labs while Anatomic is used in surgical pathology and cytology labs
This is by no means an exhaustive list but if you’re a clinician or medical personnel and it’s your desire to get certified in one or more Epic modules, this list should start to give you an idea, based on your training, of what you might best be suited to get certified for.
There are also other Epic modules for various ancillary services such as:
- Prelude – for patient registration
- Cadence – for scheduling patient appointments
- Resolute – for billing and financial analysis
Return to All Things Epic or go back to the Home page