Look here to get a rundown of all the various types of jobs and different work that pharmacist do.
Here’s a short list of some of the different types of jobs we as pharmacists do. It’s not an exhaustive list as there are so so many different types of jobs pharmacists do so as I come across and learn about more of them I’ll keep adding them to this page.
- Ambulatory Care pharmacist
- Academia (like professors, lecturers, etc.) – someone has to teach us right…? 😉
- Community pharmacist
- Compounding pharmacist
- Consultant pharmacist – these are typically for long-term care facilities
- Critical Care pharmacist
- Drug Information pharmacist
- Home Infusion pharmacist
- Hospice pharmacist
- Industry pharmacist – i.e. pharmaceutical industry pharmacist (working for a drug company)
- Infectious Disease pharmacist
- Information Technology (IT) pharmacist – like an Epic pharmacist!
- Investigational Drugs/Clinical Trials/Research pharmacist
- Managed Care pharmacist
- Medication Therapy Management (MTM) pharmacist
- Military pharmacist
- Nuclear pharmacist
- Nutrition Support/TPN pharmacist
- Oncology pharmacist
- Operating Room (OR) pharmacist
- Pediatric pharmacist
- Pharmacy Benefits Management pharmacist
- Poison Control pharmacist
- Staff pharmacist – retail, hospital, etc.